7.03.2019

TWO ZERO TWO ZERO



The story took place in the summer of 2019 in Bat Yam, Israel. One of the regulars at the Chabad synagogue related that his father would often go out on Friday to put tefillin on the passers-by before Shabbos. One time, an elderly man who had agreed to put on tefilin, pointing to the Moshiach flag in the lapel, exclaimed - “You must be a Chabadnik!  In that case I’m going to tell you something that I haven’t told anyone here, until now. I was one of the accompanying officers at the famous meeting the Rebbe had with the “distinguished ones” (a group of soldiers wounded in the Yom Kippur War). This took place at 770 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn  in 1976.

We received a big welcome and afterwards the officers were honored to speak with the Rebbe privately. The Rebbe was very friendly and answered our questions.

When my turn came, I asked about something which was worrying me. “What will be with the State of Israel?” The tense situation in the wake of the Yom Kippur War in 1973, the shattered economy, weighed heavily on my mind.

The Rebbe looked at me and said the following words: שתים אפס שתים אפס זה נגמר

“TWO ZERO TWO ZERO, THIS ENDS”



2 comments:

  1. From Larry Perlman / Menachem Leib Perlman NEW EMAIL ADDRESS- LARRYPERLMAN@OPTONLINE.NET I don't monitor my gmail account. A few months back I was thinking of a lame joke- the year 2020 is when we will all see clearly. (get it?) And now I see this. I want it to be true so badly. All the best, G-d Bless You All.

    ReplyDelete